Professional, Reliable, Reputable Painters Joondalup
Painters Joondalup, WA
It’s important to contract painters that understand the painting conditions in Joondalup, Western Australia. Not only are the substrates different, but the building process and timing has implications for the preparation of set plaster walls next to the seaside.
We use durable, washable paints, with anti-fungal treatment to ensure your home looks great for years to come.
Oil Based Sealers
Best suited to Joondalup set plasters
Your home is in the right hands.
Master Builders Member
Reliable and Reputable
Contact Painter Joondalup, WA
Painters Joondalup – Quotes for your Joondalup project
Why get a professional painter Joondalup?
When your home in Joondalup is painted, what kind of impression should it make on you?
It must be considered that there is a reason that painters must be licensed and required years of experience before achieving their qualifications. Our work starts before we paint. From the moment we enter the house, we as your professional painter consider numerous aspects such as:
- Condition of the painting substrate – In all likelihood we’ll be painting on white set plaster walls. The appearance of the walls will affect the look of the paint finish. Testing is always required.
- The extent of prepping required
- The ventilation in the home
- The accumulation and quantity of dust particles in the home
Testing set plaster walls prior to painting inJoondalup, WA
We ensure that we test the walls in your house according to the Australian Standards, manufacturers specifications and the Building Commision of WA guidelines.
We test :
- Moisture in the walls in Joondalup,WA – this can pre-empt ingress after painting
- PH levels – this test tells us whether your house is suitable for paint to be applied in Joondalup
- Scratch test – Tests the hardness of the plaster substrate before painting in Joondalup
- Tape test – Tests the adhesive strength of the plaster in your Joondalup home
- Once we are satisfied with the results we will continue then prep the walls
- We also require the set plaster to be older than 16 weeks
Prepping walls for paint in Joondalup:
Upon satisfaction that the walls of your home are suitable for painting:
- We brush down all walls of your Joondalup home with a soft brush broom
- We remove any major protrusions from the plaster before painting
- We tape up the corners and areas which we need to protect from paint bleed
- We seal the walls with a suitable sealer
- We cut the edges in with a painting brush and sealer to avoid framing
- We sand down areas that are imperfect to ensure the surface for paint is smooth
- We re-seal the areas that are sanded
- The walls are then inspected to ensure all areas are properly sealed
Painting walls in your Joondalup home – Painter Joondalup:
Once we have prepped the walls we commence painting after a suitable time:
- With a roller we apply the colour paint of your choice professionally
- Our paint roller technique and experience allow us to provide smooth layers [30 um approx thick]
- We apply two paint layers over the sealed layer to provide a wet thickness of approx 90um
- With each coat we ensure to cut the corners and edges with a paint brush
- Wherever we overlap on the cornices we immediately remove paint bleed marks
- Once painting is completed, usually over a 5 day period, we remove tape and protective coverings
We recommend 30 days for paint curing to occur
Please note that no matter how thorough the painting preparation is, set plaster walls in Joondalup are not suited to adhesives such as bluetac, sticky tape or 3m tape. 3m adhesive claim to be suitable for all surfaces, however, white set plaster is manually mixed without any checks or balances, therefore adhesive strength varies greatly from room to room and house to house.